Last year in art, my sixth graders had a unit on cartoons. The two main styles of animation are American and Japanese. Japanese animation is rarely acknowledged in art, and never considered high-art, but just the same the kids clamor for it. Japanese animation has become amazingly popular over the past ten years, but the students really know very little about it. Adding to my cartoon unit, I've decided to make an iMovie on the history of Japanese Animation. I have found making the video very interesting, as I was unaware of the different historical events that have greatly affected this form of media.It plays... but blogster really downgraded the quality :(
Cant read any of the text with how it compressed the video
I'll have to try to find a different hosting site later
I'm not really that into photostory personally. I find iMovie more user friendly and able to produce a better end-product. Creating an iMovie can be very beneficial for many projects. Students have to consider what information they want to include, what visuals to accompany it with, related audio, and the organization and professionalism to tie it all together into a successful short-film. Most of iMovie is pretty simple, but looking through some of the more complex tutorials revealed some neat tools that were hidden from view. The animated travel map I found especially neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment